Monday, April 5, 2010

What Torah Means... to Ron Sacks

Counting the Omer Day 7

Torah symbolizes what Judaism is all about, and how G-d looks upon His people, watches over them, guides them to follow the covenant, instilling the behavior for us to adhere. It represents all that I am, where I came from, and how to conduct my life, raise my family, be charitable, forgiving, and forthright. Without Torah, there would be a void, a lack of compassion, lack of belonging, and no direction to my religion. Torah reminds me to do the right thing, the Jewish thing if you will- not to have malice towards others, revenge, jealousy, greed, etc., etc. Torah sets me apart from others, distinguishes me, reminds me of who I am, because these are my roots, and I realize that my thinking and upbringing is different than others. Without belief in Torah, there is no tradition to follow and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment