Friday, May 6, 2011

What TBJ means to Kita Vav students

Today is the 17th day of the Omer, that is two weeks and 3 days.

Alec: Temple Beth Jacob is an educational place that teaches me about my religion. Also Hebrew teaches me about my culture.

Elias: Temple Beth Jacob is a place where we can learn how to understand the religion and learn how to read and write Hebrew. It also gives us a place where we can pray and have a place to celebrate special occasions.

Ben: TBJ is my home. I eat, pray and learn here. Twice a week I come here to gain knowledge about my Jewish heritage. Every time I arrive here, I am in a good mood. TBJ means a lot to me.

Justin: Temple Beth Jacob is about my Jewish heritage. It also gives me freedom and NOBODY judges me by how I am. Temple Beth Jacob is a place of worship. That is what TBJ is to me.

Skyler: Temple Beth Jacob means everything to me. The temple gives me a veritable plethora of much needed information. Temple Beth Jacob also is a place where I can see friends that I rarely see. Learning is fun here because everything is interesting. Temple Beth Jacob really means a lot to me.

Abby: Temple Beth Jacob is holy to me. All the talk about God, Israel and revelation. On Tuesdays, we come to learn our holy language, Hebrew and study for our Bar/Bat Mitzvah. On Sunday we come to learn about holidays, our religion, and the Torah. We go to services to pray to God, honor our Torah and holidays and talk about our religion. The is why Temple Beth Jacob is holy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment