Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What TBJ means to Sharon Levinstein

Day 1 of Counting the Omer

What does Temple Beth Jacob mean to me? That is a very easy question to answer. For me it means memories. When I first decided to convert to Judaism, Temple Beth Jacob opened their doors and invited me in. I have always felt welcome from day one. I have many wonderful memories of TBJ. Our wedding, two Baby Namings, two Brit Milah, 2 Bat Mitzvahs, soon to be a Bar Mitzvah and in a few years a 4th. Oh and lets not forget myself becoming a Bat Mitzvah at the age of 32 and 9 months pregnant, believe me that was not easy.

Now we are starting new chapters as our children become young adults. Our Youth Group ( NewTY), Shul Ins, Kallahs, a trip to Israel, and a lot of driving children everywhere, but we love every minute of it. A very special thank you to the Freedman family for all you do. You have brought life back to our youth group, and our children have made new friends they will cherish for life.

So you see why this question is easy. Temple Beth Jacob you are my heart and soul. I believe you are part of who I am today. Most importantly you are family.

Sharon Levinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment