Thursday, May 13, 2010

Marching towards Confirmation

Counting the Omer Day 45

The Confirmation class is getting ready to get to Sinai and re-affirm their commitment to Judaism. Here's a preview from Jared Cutler. Disclaimer: this is the product of an exercise I did with the kids. It's a rough draft and should be read as such. Still, in spite of that, Jared captured feelings many in the class express.

Back then (at 13) I was unsure of if I was truly going to stick with Judaism and I was unsure. Now over the years I have come to love being Jewish. It’s very important because now compared to when I was 13. I was much less mature and sort of just did Hebrew school because I had to. Now I do it because I understand Judaism much better and look forward to going to temple and learning something new or to sing a song or to help in the Hebrew school.

I want to confirm the fact that I will be Jewish for the rest of my life. I also want to confirm that I will get my kids Jewish. “No matter what”

I would like to be a Jew for all my life because I like being Jewish. So much, in fact, that I will get confirmed which makes it so I will be Jewish for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment