Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 13

We are counting the Omer and tonight brings the 13th day of the counting.

Wendy Levy-Rosario wrote about what Israel means to her.

It is a place where I can go and see old friends. It is a place where I can swim in a beautiful ocean and experience the desert at the same moment. It is a place where I can re-experience kibbutz life and take pleasure in the great memories I had while a student at ulpan. It is a beautiful land that bares the most incredible fruits not to mention the biggest and freshest peanuts I have ever had. It's a place I can call may home and a land that allows me to feel the presence of my religion (as well as other religions) and the tradition that I grew up with. I love Israel and dream of returning one day with my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment